Saturday, February 9, 2013

Enter the Mind of Madness... Ok, Not Really... Well, a Little.

Good morning! It's Saturday, and NYC got hit with a blizzard. Some places got hit worse than others, but luckily my area wasn't hit VERY hard. Plenty of snow on the ground, but thankfully, people have shoveled and salted and I was able to hit the gym!

Today was a fasted, HIIT cardio day.. when I do HIIT, I usually use tabata intervals (20s work:10s rest for 8 cycles = 4 mins) or weight/plyo circuits. When I use a cardio machine (elliptical, treadmill, bike, etc), it's for steady state cardio or  sprint work. Today's workout was  TWO weight/plyo cycles and a plyo/ab circuit. Wanna hear about it, here it goes!

Circuit 1: 5 x 15 x 5 (5 exercises, 15 reps per, 5 rounds - 1 min rest between)
1. Jump lunges (15 per leg - 30 altogether)
2. hanging leg raises
3. DeadLift-Curl-Press (using 45 lb Barbell)
4. Decline Push Ups (feet on a bench)
5. Inverted rows

Perform the exercises back to back, then rest for a minute. Perform 5 rounds in total. :-)

Still standing? Want more? ok..

Circuit 2: 6 exercises x 30 seconds each x 3 rounds
1. DB throws
2. Box Jumps
3. Barbell Hack Squats
4. Weighted Squat Thrusts
5. Plyo Skaters
6. Weighted T-Push Ups

Now, I'll admit, I was dog tired after this. lol.. Breathing heavy, looking for help. But.. I wasn't done. Ready for the plyo/Ab circuit?

Circuit 3: 3 Exercises x 25 reps each x 4 rounds (equalling 100 reps in total)
I started the ab circuit with 10-15 box jumps (yeah, I did them again but this time, I straddled a step instead of traditional box jumps)
1. Smith Machine Hip Thrusts (Instructions - See this video: Smith Machine Hip Thrust)
2. Oblique Cable Crunches (Instructions - See this video: Modified Cable Oblique Crunch)
3. Reg. Cable Crunches

This is ME doing the hip thrusts:


(FYI: Those are ace bandages around my ankles, if you were curious. When I do plyo, I wrap my ankles. I'm prone to sprains!)

And here are the lovely box jumps (excuse any dips in form... a girl was spent after alla that.)




Did I mention I did all that FASTED? Yeah, I tend to do my morning cardio, HIIT or steady state, on Empty. I do bring water and my Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Hyperblend Drink, mixed with vitamins C, to drink throughout. I also bring my protein powder to mix with water to drink right after working out.

I did some serious stretching after this and took my butt home.. I'm a bit sore now, but I'll live. Foam rolling to the rescue! 

Enjoy the snow, and have a great weekend!

xoxo,
Lynette


No comments:

Post a Comment