Sunday, December 29, 2013

Clean Egg Nog! Whaaaaa ?!?

Hey Lovelies! I know I haven't posted a blog in FORRREVVEERRRR and I'm sorry! The heavy competition season took a lot out of me and I'm still adjusting, but each day it gets easier!

Since it's off season for me, I'm going to start experimenting with new foods, using primarily clean ingredients. Today, I made EGG NOG!! Yes! I love it! Want the recipe? Here it is... 

Oh snap! I just made a CLEAN Pumpkin egg nog!

Pumpkin Egg Nog
2 egg whites
1/2 cup Vanilla, Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup water
ice
1/2 scoop Protein Powder (I used About Time Pumpkin Spice Isolate Protein for the first practice batch)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 splenda packets (use whatever sweetener you please)

1. Using a food processor, blend 1/2 cup water with the 2 egg whites, protein powder, nutmeg and sweetener.
2. Microwave the 1/2 cup almond milk for 1-2 minutes until it's hot, but not boiling.
3. Carefully add the milk into the food processor/blender with the egg white mixture. You don't want to cook the eggs, so add the liquid slowly.
4. Continue to blend until well mixed. I poured it back into the cup, and RE-Microwaved it for about a minute.
5. Then I poured it on top of the ice to chill it. Or you can drink it warm if you like.

Enjoy!

It made one cup, basically. About zero carbs (depending on the milk and protein you use), 16-20 g protein (3 per egg white and 12 from the powder), roughly 3 grams fat. 
Feel free to change up as you please! 


UPDATE!!!!!

I just tried it again for a night time snack. I used the SAME recipe above but I used Top Secret Nutrition Vanilla protein powder. MUCH closer to traditional egg nog flavor and thicker than the first time, which made it MUCH MUCH better. I'm making a bigger batch for my birthday on Tuesday!  


Let me know how you like it!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment